"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Friday, April 30, 2010

Strange dream

I had a very strange dream last night.


I was invited to your house by the two of you. I remember arriving very late at night and sort of making my way to what appeared to be an patio room with a day bed. The place was a bit of a mess. It looked well lived in. I spent the night in anticipation of a "talk" that was to happen the next morning.

I woke up the next morning and stretched, looking around. I caught a glimpse of the two of you through a window above the bed into the house. You were chatting and laughing with each other while sitting at the kitchen table. One of you would occasionally glance over to where I was, drink your coffee and say something to the other. You were waiting for me to come in there. But there was no way in hell I was going in there. I could tell I was in trouble. I could tell this wasn't good. In any way.

What the hell am I doing here?

You both walk into the room. You're annoyingly casual with each other and I simply don't know how to respond to this. Holding your coffee cups, you stand united in the doorway as she asks, "So what are you doing?"

What?

"What were you hoping to gain from this?"

I remember being very confused as to why you're siding with her on this. As if I am the interloper here that needs to straighten up my act. I am casting glances around the room and am sort of astonished at how messy the room is in daylight. There's things piled everywhere. It appears to be a junk room, cat and dog hair everywhere. Piles of books and papers litter the flat surfaces everywhere.

I am SO confused. Thinking, Why the hell did I come here? Why is SHE asking ME this? I KNEW this was going to happen, why did I come?!? You stand there together, leaning against the doorway, one foot crossed over the other, coffee cup in hand. She leans against a desk, drinking her coffee, you're glancing at each other. It seemed endless.

I felt like I had done something wrong when I woke up and was being chastised for it. It was so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment