"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Monday, May 31, 2010

Home again, home again

Is this love? This album seemed like the perfect beach music to me, so we enjoyed it in San Carlos.

Well, I have arrived safely home. My trip to San Carlos was a little slice of heaven. Beautiful blue, warm waters, perfect weather, great little studio apartment up on a hill so we could see the Bahia and all the beautiful boats. I think I may have over-used the word "gorgeous" this weekend. It was. I even ate some fish, first in a really long time (vegetarian) and DIDN'T have a reaction, always great. We had some beach time, some walking around time, Roomie was able to sell her lot down there, the reason we went, all in all a great trip. The buyer of her lot also said he wanted to buy her house here. Sigh, moving again when that's final next year... No complaints about the trip (except I am now tired from the "new bed" quasi-sleep) and I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. Except for the part where roomie dropped my camera in the sand. Yeah. That part sucked. Now the shutter won't open. Grrrr. But she had at least brought hers so I need to get the remaining photos from her.
I leave you with a few parting shots.

An alternate view from our back porch overlooking the Bahia.
The "private" beach we discovered after running into a "local" with his shirt off.
I dubbed him Daniel because he reminded me of Daniel from Lost.


The hill we had to climb to get to home from the private beach. We orginally tried to come down this in the car and there were 2 cement trucks blocking our way. So roomie decided to turn around. Well as you can see, the streets are narrow and cobblestone. It pretty much scared the crap out of us as her tires spun and the car shimmied around. Luckily she was able to get enough traction to move, and not over the huge cliff to the right. We decided to park the car back at our rental and walk. First DOWN this hill. Then back up it to go home.


The bottle of wine I DIDN'T drink.


Me enjoying my pedicure. This was just before I got my first bikini wax. I asked for a full brazilian, somehow that got lost in translation. Ah well. It didn't hurt anywhere near as much as I expected, which of course is great. That's all for now. Nite nite.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! I'm envious of those who get to post tropical vacation pics (bummer about the camera though).

    ReplyDelete