"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Letter to friends and family

Paralyzer "I'm not paralyzed but I seem to be struck by you"

6/22/10
"I wanted to let you know I met a really nice guy named D from my online dating profile and we've decided to date exclusively. Yes I know it's sudden, but I have done a lot of work to prepare a "List" of what I am looking for in a person. He fits every item on my list, and it's not a short list.  We've hung out quite a bit already and I haven't felt the awkwardness or anxiousness that I was dreading with the "dating" scene. We totally skipped right past that. It's fantastic and comfortable and he puts me at ease.

I don't think that I need to force myself to "experience dating" and all the ups and downs and anxiety, expense, loneliness and frustration (from what I've been told) that comes along with it. I think I have found someone that I am SUPER comfortable with, feel like I can be myself with and really enjoy being around and thus don't really feel like I need to put that aside just to say "I've dated."

He has been divorced for 9 years, he's 49 and has a 19 year old son. He gets what it means to be a parent and that I am not available when I have the kids. I don't plan to introduce them anytime soon. I'll see how things go with D and me first.

I wanted to keep you all posted on my happenin's. I am sure you'll be hearing more about D in the future. He's great and I really like him. Roomie has met him several times and agrees with me. She's also let him know that he's got "precious cargo" and needs to take care.

This Sunday while we were watching soccer I met a friend of his (who told D while I was in the bathroom, "she's a keeper, don't let her go")."


Until I acquire photos of our exciting evening and bedroom activities, I'll add another photo from San Carlos.
Happy HNT and be sure to stop by Osbasso to see who else is playing!

6 comments:

  1. I never had a doubt about "you being a keeper"!

    It's nice to have you sound so very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Carlos is nice, but I can't wait for pictures from your activities! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Osbasso, You always make me blush with your comments. I love it. Looking forward to those photos myself. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with D. Great pic, looks like fun to me! Can't wait to see the others.

    ReplyDelete