"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beach times 2

We headed to the lake today. We got a last minute invitation to help celebrate a friend's birthday so Roomie and I packed up at a cooler and off we went. I felt like a spoiled little snot when we pulled up and it was mucky brown water that made me feel dirty to even get in it. The pristine beaches at San Carlos had heightened my expectations quite a bit. lol. Roomie reminded me that this is how lakes are and I realized that I hadn't really been to many lakes and when I had it was on her boat. Launching off a boat is entirely different than sloshing around from the "beach" which is really just dirt.  No pristine beautiful sand here. *sigh*

We saw the friends we had come to hook up with and thought they were making their way back to us. So we settled in to the "beach" and waited until they got there. Roomie and I discussed what my dating profile would contain (did I mention I am getting divorced in 2 days?) and that was fun. Eventually our friends made their way back over to us and we hopped into their canoes to another part of the lake. We found a more secluded area which actually turned the day around and made it a lot of fun. We just hung out in the water all day and chilled. They convinced me to drink a beer (I never acquired the taste) and took a few sips and remembered why I really just don't like it. Blech.

We ended up with dinner (home made pizza) at a town near by and then home again. All in all, a lovely fun day that was casual and relaxing. So nice to just be unencumbered by a time line or responsibilities.

I am very much looking forward to my court date on Tuesday. I need to make sure all my documents are in order tomorrow and then I'll be good to go. I'll keep ya posted.

Oddly, no music or photos today, just me and my words. Time for some blogs then bed.
Nite for now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! Even if it wasn't the pristine beach that you had a couple of weeks ago...

    Good luck on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete