"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Check "yes" or "no"


Wow, I just don't even know where to begin. Last I wrote I mentioned D and how we had clicked immediately,  he stayed over, etc. We spent the next 3 days together as time permitted and it continued to feel very much the same way. As if I had known him for a year and there was no need for the awkardness or anxiousness that I was dreading with the "dating" scene. We totally skipped right past that. It's fantastic and comfortable and he puts me at ease.

Then Wednesday rolled around and he requested a "breather" because I had my kids and he needed to "evalute if his thoughts matched his emotions." He was trying to figure out if we are a good match.

This was an ENTIRELY appropriate way to proceed, I mean realistically I am not available during that time frame anyway, right? I've got my kids, I can't go out with someone when I have them, and he knew that. So, why did I convince myself in 3 days that he didn't want to see me anymore? Well because I am silly and overthought it and needed Roomie to help put things in perspective. She was going out of town to the lake over the weekend and we sat and chatted while she packed on Thursday night. She reminded me that there was NO indication on his part that he didn't want to see me anymore, he was just as smitten with me as I was with him and YES she was sure he would be coming over and spending the night on Saturday. I said, well, when you explain it like that, I realize I am being a bit silly. Just making up stories in my head. Which is easy to do when you're as tired as I was (lack of sleep and all). I got extra lucky with her being out of the house for the weekend and also that his son was out of town too.

So moving into Saturday night when he was coming over I was anxious and a little awkward with him. I didn't know where we stood. I wanted to give him time to think and respect his request for a breather. I think he thought I hadn't really given any thought as to why I thought we were "good" together. Why I thought we were a match. I mean we had just barely met right? But the amount of time we'd spend together, a good portion of it talking, had made me realize how many of my requirements he fits. So I decided that the only way I could explain why I thought we were a good match was to share my "relationship list" with him.

So we perusued my list on Saturday after we'd had homemade spaghetti and he agreed that yes he fit all of my requirements with a few variations on the "sex" one: "A man who is sexually compatible with me and is sexually adventurous with a desire for trying new things, including being with another girl or guy, a good kisser and loves giving and receiving oral sex." We had a conversation about that requirement and was the other guy/girl part mandatory, was a it a deal breaker, was it a bucket list kind of thing - I wouldn't feel satisfied with my life until I'd done it, etc? I explained it was a bucket list sort of item, and that he fit the rest of the requirement with no problems. We chatted more about that and I think reached an understanding that allowed him to move on from that issue.

So, long story short, I have a boyfriend. And I am a girlfriend. We're both shocked and surprised and a little scared about how quickly this moved to this stage. I simply wasn't expecting to find someone literally on date one. I mean, who does that happen to? Well, me, us, apparently : ). We agreed to remove our profiles from the web page we met at as a result.

So today we went to a local bar to watch soccer with a friend of his and while I was in the bathroom I was given the green light by the friend and D was told "she's a keeper, don't let her go."

I am a little (ok a lot) giddy over him and am really excited to see where this goes. I really enjoy my time with him and look forward to when I can be with him again. It's just so easy and relaxed and comfortable. He's a real gentleman and I am not used to that so when he does sweet things, it catches me off guard and makes me like him that much more.

Best of all, he makes me smile.
All the time.

This is my new favorite view with him, this isn't us, but, gets you the idea.



And I think this is his favorite view from last night, again, for illustration purposes only.

1 comment:

  1. It's cliché, but it really does happen when you least expect it! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete