"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Date

La Roux - Bulletproof

My first night of hitting the town as a single lady was last night. Roomie decided to take me to a local bar that she frequents and I was up for it. I have been corresponding with several people on the online dating site and I had several invitations for a date but I decided to stick with my BFF.

As the day progressed I checked my dating web page messages and exchanged a couple with someone I was intrigued by. We'll call him D. D was out with his friends and I let him know that we'd be heading to the bar later. He wished me good luck and mentioned he liked to 2 step. Because the dialogue we'd been having was great I invited him to meet us there and teach me how to 2 step. Roomie is a great dancer and she would very likely have danced with people regardless of if I had a partner or not. Which I am fine with. But I wasn't really looking forward to an entire evening of being the "newbie" at the bar and having to force my way through the maze of what I anticipated to be a lot of attention. (Hey, maybe I am just overly confident, but based on the responses I'd had from the dating site, I wouldn't be alone for most of the night.) So, I felt like inviting someone that I was already interested in and had things in common with would be a good way to ease into this game called dating.

So because this was the first time in over 15 years I was going to be on a date, I had a little cranberry, orange juice and vodka as Roomie drove to the bar. I gave D a call to let him know where we were and we chatted a bit. He was funny and laughed at my jokes. Plus he had a great voice. I was a little tipsy from the amount of alcohol I'd already drank (did I mention I am total lightweight?) so I made a mental note to slow down. We arrived at the bar and he found me waiting while Roomie hit the bathroom. He was a complete gentleman, totally my type and had a great smile. He offered to hold Roomie's drink while we waited and ended up wandering towards the dance floor with it while I was waiting for Roomie. I gathered her up when she came out and we headed over to D. I introduced them and she immediately spotted an ex of hers that she was hoping wouldn't be there. I tried to give D the quick 1-2 and let him know we'd need to watch out for her and this guy. He did so for the rest of the night which I thought was really nice.

We danced a lot, he's a great dancer, great sense of humor about the fact that I was learning and very patient with me. We took some breaks and talked, we really seemed to be connecting. We had a few brief kisses. We ended up leaving the bar at the end of the night. Roomie was very protective, but not wanting to tell me what to do. She made me call her with his cell so she'd have his number. We drove around a bit looking for a place to stop and talk, neither of us was really hungry. We found a park, but apparently that was a bad idea. We started kissing a bit and shortly the police rolled by. They informed us this wasn't a good place to be (the park was closed) and we needed to move on.

He started driving to my place and we talked on the 30 minute drive. We covered a variety of topics and it was a really nice time. He commented several times that I was tempting. When we arrived home I invited him in because I knew Roomie was home. I changed, they chatted, and I rejoined them. He liked what I had changed into, short shorts and t shirt that I normally wear around the house. Roomie went to smoke and we headed to my room.

We had a lovely session of kissing which lead to an even nicer session of getting naked which led to a really great night of sex and talking and laughing and holding and touching and caressing. I told him that it was a perfect night because there was no pressure and he'd been really great on the dance floor. It made it much less stressful for me to enjoy my first night out and I also met a great guy.

We slept a bit when we realized it was getting light already. When we woke up we snuggled and had some pillow talk. Followed by some more sex. He was persistent in making sure that I came and it was a nice change. We got dressed to go down and have breakfast, I put on the same shorts and t shirt from the night before which he really liked. He got down on his knees and pulled my shorts down and had a little taste of my wet wet pussy. Yum, I love that kind of spontaneity.

We had a little bit of breakfast, chatted some more, and he left to do some volunteer work he does on Sunday's. I relayed to Roomie the highlights of the evening and was a little surprised to realize that I really liked him. I wasn't really expecting to find someone soon that I liked so much.

He sent me a quick text after he left:
Thxs again for a great evening of dancing, laughing at my awful jokes, getting chased by the police, making love and sharing who we are! ; )

I replied with:
Thank you! I felt safe with you and that meant a lot and helped me share things with you. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and that leaves me stumbling a little. I didn't expect that kind of connection so early on. You are upsetting my master plan of being "unavailable" and dating for awhile. I honestly am befuddled because I am a little smitten with you.

To which he said:
I like the word smitten. I feel that too.

So am kicking around the idea of just seeing him for a bit and trying it out for size. I am exhausted from not much sleep at this point and am headed to bed. All in all I am super pleased with how this week and weekend went. It's validated to me that others find me attractive and they find me interesting. Or at the least, I write a good dating profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment