"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happiness

I know it's been awhile since I posted, but I have been busy (as you'll see). I promise to be more attentive.

I don't know if you know about the Amazon $5 albums or not, but this month WOW! what a selection. There are so many great albums that I'd love to have but budget constraints make me be picky. I mean where else can you get anything from The Beach Boys to Billy Idol to The Ting Tings for $5?!? Sheesh! Today's choices were: Life House and One Eskimo. But there were really so many I could have bought in a heart beat.
They also have a really varied selection of free music and a new download every day in both a single and an album. Yesterday I got Digital Bang: The 2010 Sub Pop album and am really enjoying it. Closet Astrologer is on it, but they aren't all like that. It's a good sample.
You can check out both the $5 albums and the free stuff here.
And no Amazon didn't pay me to say any of it. I am just a big fan of free and cheap music being the crazed music junkie that I am.

So, I got divorced on Tuesday. Yup, the big D! It was strangely anti-climatic and my ex (ooooo first use of that!) even commented on that. Which is great, the less drama the better. It was likely the most amicable and inexpensive divorce ever. Hopefully it will continue to be the same. I have already gotten a profile on a dating web page. Since I have face shots I may not share the location... BUT! I am looking forward to lots of fun. Already had the booty call at midnight. I think a date is a good place to start : ). There's got to be chemistry, THEN we'll move to booty calls, ; ).

So with that being said, I think this is the perfect HNT photo for today:


The card is from a friend when she found out I was getting divorced. I have a great support system and am really grateful for it. I am surprised by how much I unconsciously played with my ring. I find my fingers reaching for it while I am walking or whatever and it's a subtle reminder of the change. And a great one : ). I do feel nekkid without it.

Everyone keeps asking how I feel, and what now? My response has been, I feel "available" and "dating" is what now. So, hopefully the stories will unfold. Being a huge reader, I am calling this the next chapter in my book and a prospect asked a great question: what is the title? So I came up with "My Turn: The Good I Deserve and the Happiness I Seek." Apparently my profile is already a little intimidating. Funny, I just don't see myself that way. I just know what I want and am not going to accept less at this point. I am glad when people are brave enough to push past that though.

Happy HNT and be sure to stop by Osbasso to see who else is playing!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations! Glad it went smoothly and amicably. Seems to be much easier on all involved that way! Good luck with your next phase of dating!

    ReplyDelete