"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Saturday, March 20, 2010

One of these nights

It's one of THOSE nights.
I am overly tired, exhausted if I'd admit it, because of staying up too late last night to launch Night Moves. The 6 am wake up call from the kidos only compounded on that. It was the first full weekend day with just the kids and me. We went to the zoo. We were there when it opened at 9. That's A.M. That included the 40 min drive to get there. And breakfast and some playing. Roomie is in Rocky Point for the weekend.
Needless to say, it was an emotional drop off during which C tried to get me to stay, or have dinner with them, etc. This was after kissing me and some light groping yesterday when we all had dinner together. He seemed lonely, I'd had the kids since Wed. and I was trying to give him some time with them. It ended up being awkward, on my part, not his, when the hugging led to kissing led to very tight hugs. It just makes me wish I hadn't done it. I don't want to be conflicted or reminded of that. I have made up my mind and I am not going to change it. Maybe I'll rethink those mid week meals.

I have completed all the paperwork except the custody and parenting plans. I think they were more than I expected. I have some free time tomorrow. I want to make it a point to get them done so I can file next week. It's later than I expected to already. I guess it will happen when it's meant to.

I am excited I have another appointment with Astrologer Dawn on Monday. I decided to give myself a belated birthday present. I had been wanting to do it for months now, but also didn't want to spend $175 on it. Then I got a birthday email from her (pays to sign up for her newsletter!) and coup-in for a $99 reading. Nice! So I stopped hesitating and promptly ordered it online. She called within an hour to set it up and had time on Monday. I was surprised and pleased for the quick turn around. I need to find my last reading and go over it. She also asked for my goal and I need to get that to her tomorrow as well. Will be a ME day on the computer. Good thing Roomie's internet connection is available.

Watched The Holiday with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black. Very cute. There were a few relateable scenes and in my emotional/exhausted state I cried. I suppose I need to do that occasionally to "get it all out." The movie prompted a round of self realization type questions, "Is it hard to be alone?" "Can I do this?" "Do I really want to do this?" all followed by affirmations that I am strong and want this change in my life. It's a good thing and I don't need to be afraid of it. I do miss the kids something fierce though. I didn't go into their room to clean up and do laundry. I'll do it tomorrow when I am well rested, yay for sleep in days!

I was loaned Bob Seger's Greatest Hits on Friday from Roomie's current SO. I do loves me some Seger. I had almost settled on Soul Sloshing (courtesy Venus Hum!) as my title, but I had really wanted a Seger song. I had seriously considered "You'll Accomp'ny Me" but, alas, that seemed a sentiment from the wrong side. So, instead, I am projecting as to what I hope this blog will become. A memoir of my "night moves."
We're gonna practice our, Night Moves. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment