"Sexual Adventurer in Pursuit of Nonmonogamy"

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Weird spot

I am in a weird mood today. D mentioned via email this morning that he'd had a girl over to the house last night. This was only after I had txt'd him last night to ask if I could call him. Didn't hear back from him for awhile, then his response was "Out for a bit." To which I replied, "Going to bed, night." I was pretty sure he was on a date, even though that wasn't the "protocol" we discussed which would have been "I am busy." Semantics I know, but, out for a bit could have been with buddies, his son etc.

This morning I get an email letting me know that he had someone over, she's interested in getting into a more serious relationship with him, but he's losing interest because he just thinks about me when he's with other people. And "did I do that?"

Well, yeah.

So now I am in this mental funk visualizing him having someone at his house. Where I sit. Where I eat. Where I am.

Not likin' those thoughts very much.

And now I get where he was coming from when we discussed me and my dates in the past. I really thought that I wasn't the jealous type. Does it mean I care more than I thought because it bothers me? That's his take on it when I shared how I felt. I dunno. It may just be part of my expansion and growing through the dating process.

I will say, I cut it off tonight with 3 guys I had gone out on dates with. I did it over text too, is that TOTALY gutless or what? Something along the lines of "I feel like I am not being completely upfront with you. After mentally reviewing our evening, I didn't feel a connection on my part with you. So I wouldn't mind staying in touch with you as friends, but I think that would be the extent of it. No hard feelings?"
They were all very gracious and replied with, no hard feelings, best of luck etc. I just felt like I was leading them all on with the hopes that, oh, they may invite me to their house in San Carlos, etc. Lame. Materialistic. User. I didn't like thinking of myself that way. So, I cut it off. Feel better about myself now. Which is great. And a start. Now I just need to work on those other things I am having an issue with myself over:
Running
Parenting
Time Management
Staying on task at work

That's a good list to start with. I am pretty happy beyond that to be honest. But we all have those little areas we feel like we could improve ourselves. I need to start using "can do" statements. I CAN do that. I can find/make the time to run more to help me keep my weight at a level I want, I can be a better mom, I can be a better, more productive employee etc. Also using these with my kids. Already noticing a difference. Seems to be a good start.

For HNT I'll do one of my "thoughtful" poses. Be sure to check out Os to see who else is playing.

3 comments: